Mission & Vision
School Counseling Program Vision
The vision of the Diamond Point Elementary School Counseling program is that ALL students will achieve academic success, social/emotional growth, and will become college and career ready for future preparedness. Students will reach their fullest educational potential and successfully manage their lives as healthy, responsible, empathetic, kind and productive citizens who respect themselves and others.
School Counseling Program Mission
The mission of the Diamond Point Elementary School Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive, data-driven, multi-tiered program to support all K-6 students. Professional School Counselors provide equitable access to maximize academic achievement, foster social/emotional growth and to facilitate career development in partnership with families and all members of the school community. As School Counselors, we are an integral part of the school community and strive to provide a safe and supportive environment academically, physically, and emotionally. Advocacy, leadership, collaboration, and systemic change are the framework of the School Counseling Program. Our mission is to inspire ALL students to develop their individual potential to become life-long learners in our diverse and changing world.
Diamond Point School Counselor Believes:
- All students have a right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
- The School Counseling program serves a central role in meeting students' developmental needs through interventions in academic, social/emotional, and career domains.
- Students needs can be best met through a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- A comprehensive School Counseling Program is tailored to meet students' educational and developmental needs as identified through needs assessments that have been translated in to attainable goals.
- The American School Counselor Association ethical standards should guide the work of the School Counseling Program and School Counselor.