Welcome to Diamond Point Elementary School. On behalf of the Diamond Point staff, we are excited for your family to join our vibrant and diverse school family. At Diamond Point, your child will receive rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences. Our staff is dedicated and committed to supporting every student. We strive to develop a partnership between the school and home as we work together to ensure all students reach their highest potential, both academically and socially. We are confident that your child will be successful in school with support from the home and school. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for learning
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to improve literacy skills and develop a love of reading
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school.
Diamond Point offers many opportunities for parents to become actively involved in their child's education. Parents are encouraged to join parent groups such as the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC), School Advisory Committee (SAC), and School Site Council (SSC). Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) School-wide special events
4) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
5) Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
This website provides information about our school which will answer many of the questions you may have as a new family to our school.
Diamond Point Behavior Expectations
Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) is implemented at Diamond Point. Expectations for student behavior are that students will be Responsible and Persevere, Respectful and Kind, and Safe. See our PBIS website page for more details.